Monday, September 8, 2008

Bottles,Thumbs and spiders. Oh and one cool ass dog!





Well lets see, what has been going on in my life as of late? Over the last few months I have acquired quite the taste for wine. Dark thick headed beers are still my favorites but seeing as how in the last week 4 bottles of wine have disappeared behind my lips I think I may have a problem.




As you can plainly see I like a variety but the reds do seam to go down a bit easier. One thing I must say is a bit confusing to me is the need for all the different types of wine. I'm not even going to attempt to spell a single one of them cause they're all in different languages and I have a hard enough time spelling words from my own. The (better wines) even have some kind of point system. It seams a 90pt. wine is high on the list of the good ones per the guy at the local BevMo. As he went into detail I grabbed what was on sale and headed to the checkout. I think he may still be talking because he sure did like to hear him self spill his knowledge of fermented grapes.




Today started off kind of crazy. I got up at my usual time of 3:13am and started my morning. Well actually, I wake up at this time but I tend to get out of bed around 3:47am. Any case, I ironed a shirt and turned on the computer. I wanted to get out an Email before I made my 14min drive to work. I hate the long commute but it pays the bills. Most days i'm out the door by 4:19am, not the case today. As I butchered the English language in my Email I noticed the clock on the cable box said 4:25 DANG IT!!!! I was going to be late. I hit send and ran to the bedroom to get some undies and socks. DANG IT!!!!!! I was clean out of each. It looked like I was wearing my boxers, usually reserved for bed time duties only. My manhood usually doesn't hang free but I was in a hurry. SOCKS, oh man I I needed socks.. Oh, in my gear bag I had a clean pair. I threw everything on, grabbed a cycling kit, Heed, Endurolytes and a bag of microwave rice for lunch and I headed for the door. I did have to take a few moments to put my shoes on in the car cause I had left them there from the day before. Remembering this secret shoe location alone made my brain start to melt...




So now I'm in the car and almost to the frontage road and DANG IT!!!! I forgot my belt and wallet. Now I was on a one way street and the nearest point in the island to turn around was at least 800 feet away. If I went that rout it would have been 1600 to get right back where I was at that moment. I was now going to be cutting it close clocking in for sure and I had no choice in what to do next. I hit it in reverse and headed back to my neighborhood gates. I must have hit at least 30mph cause when I spun the wheel to the left smoke cam off the front tires as the front end swung around and I felt like Michel Knight from the 80's!




When I got back into my driveway I jumped out of the driver seat like a man on a mission. OOOOUCH!!!!! Before my feet hit the ground the super Honda's door shut all the way and my right thumb was caught in the door jam. I was stuck to the car! To make matters worse I was in a rather twisted position and it hurt like hell to turn around with my left hand and open the door. It felt like my hand was going to explode with every throb.




I made it to work with 2 seconds to spare before I would be considered late. 5:02:58. We have a 3 min window and another 2 seconds and I would have destroyed that scarless record. Upon returning to my super Honda for my morning comp shop I was attacked in the parking lot. When I opened my door a huge freaking spider came down from the roof of my car in an attempt to eat off my face. Well, he was actually the size of an dime and he probably just wanted to hang out and chat. None the less, it freaked me out and I knocked it to the ground. I'm Sacha bad ass sometimes I know...

After my daily ride I came home and worked with Stanley on his tricks. He is now 5 months and two weeks old. I wish I could learn at the rate he does. Look and see for your self.









He's a great gog but I think he wants to be a firefighter. Over the last few days I have come home the hose in the back yard drug out to one end or the other. I think I going to take him to Crafton Hills the next time they are doing hose drills. This way he can learn how to do it right and with any luck he will also lean how to put the damn thing back.

















That's all I got for now. Tuesday nite it's hill nite in Redlands and once again I will attend. I was involved in a bit of a helmet cracker last tuesday nite. I just got word the crashee is doing fine and rode her bike a few days later.I plan on keeping a low profile none the less.

No comments: