Monday, October 20, 2008

Every so often I see something or meet someone who inspires me to be better or do better. Today while I waited for my brakes to be installed on the Super Honda, I asked myself, what do those people or things do that draw my attention to them in such admiration?


Overcoming great odds and making a difference in other peoples lives are things done by those who inspire me. World changing events that better the way people live and except each other in everyday life get my blood pumping and wanting to be part of the movement. Positive thinkers and true good doers that help without excepting any kind of payback give me a sense of hope, knowing that there are people out there that really care. Solid listeners that even tho they may not understand completely what your talking about, give you the attention you need to get threw it.




Little kids that no matter how many times they get it wrong, they do it over and over again. They keep going because of true character and spirit, they haven't learned the words can't, no and give up yet. And of course the ones who keep those thoughts far away from their minds.






I'm a horrible student in all respects, but teachers inspire me. They put in countless hours for little pay and in some cases little respect. Often times buying classroom supplies with there own money and working off the clock at home to get lesson plans together for the coming week. All of this to teach our kids the skills they need to be successful. Selfless and giving.

Anybody that has a disability and doesn't skip a beat! I have meet many people in my lifetime with what society labels as, having a disability. I have been out run by a kid with no legs, out swam by a guy with one arm and out cycled up and over the local hills by a guy with his arm strapped to his chest! I have met people who live their lives in wheelchairs and can hardly use there arms and legs who have become community leaders and positive role models for people of all abilities. Inspiring, yeh I think so.


No comments: