Sunday, October 26, 2008

Highs and Lows










It has occurred to me that when you don't pay as much attention to your dog as it's used to getting it tells you. He doesn't do this verbally, he eats your lawn and covers him self in mud. Well his little outburst was noted and extra playtime has been able to correct this outlandish behavior. I really had the last laugh tho when I tossed his butt into the tub for deep cleaning. Now why dogs can't be as independant as cats, I will never know.

Lazy Alexander.....and sock monkey












C.J. and C.J.










This week I was able to log in 11 hours and 39 min's on the bike. Most of this was on the road on my trusty old Lemond Zurich but the fun stuff was on my Superfly. Friday morning I started at the Ranger Station on Bryant and hwy 38 in our local San Bernardino mountains. From there I headed up the hwy to Loch Leven, the Santa Anna river trail for some great singletrack, to middle control fire road, to Seven Oaks, up Glass Raod, back to Hwy 38, to Southfork camp ground, back on the Santa Anna river trail, back over Glass Road, more of the Santa Anna river trail, back and to and up Middle Control fire road to hwy 38, back to Loch Leven and finally, back to my car at the Ranger Station. The whole rid took me 5 hours and 39 min's. It's amazing how almost six hours in the woods alone can jack around with your head. I stopped a few times to refuel and talk to a few otter riders I met on the trail but other than that I was pedaling away.










Check out the colors in Loch Leven, amazing!




The views heading back from Southfork seamed to last forever!









I dang near hit this fallen tree coming around a corner.










The Bark Betal really sucks ass. There are trees like this all over our mountains..
















The rides over and I had nothing but food on the brain at this point.








It was truly a great week for riding. The weather was great, the air didn't hurt your lungs, too much and the dirt was like glue threw ever corner.


After my ride it was time go shopping cause quite frankly, the cupboards at my house were bare. Fresh and Easy is where we landed and for the most part it was pretty awesome. Most of the food is organic and stocked daily and the prices were not all that bad. A pretty good alliterative to the big chain stores or heading into Redlands to Trader Joe's. I will admit tho, if a Trader Joe's were closer to us we would do most of our shopping there. I didn't like bagging my own food at Fresh and easy, I guess I'm a snob that way.


One thing I did find at Fresh and Easy that was an eye Popper was a huge, just made Chicken burrito. It looked like it was going to taste like a million bucks! This morning I packed it for lunch and all I could think about was shoving that thing in my mouth. I never leave my lunch in the brake room frig at work because it just gets smashed around. But today, I place my beloved chicken burrito in the employee buffet box because I was concerned that the preservative free ingredients would go bad with out keeping cool. I left it there at 4:40am and at 9:50am when I went to retrieve it, IT WAS GONE!!!!! Some bastard stole my burrito! Ugh, I was and still am so pissed off! What kind of Jerk does it take to go out of their way and steal somebodies lunch, at work for that matter? I looked into the trash and there it was. The thin cardboard that once held my burrito in place in it's recycled plastic wrap. It still had rice and small chunks of my chicken on it.


So above the trash can on the bulletin board in the brake room I made this little flyer. People are already starting to talk about it and I hope that before too long the evil doer will be reviled.



I will end this post with a possitive note. When I cam into work today I was amazed to see the price of gas in my station. When I left work on Thursday afternoon it was $3:05 and now it was $2:75. All day long I was hearing members say, is this the right price or is it just listed wrong?






1 comment:

Veeze Price said...

I did that ride sunday from my pad, but only did the 1st section of single track and climbed back up middle control. i did get to ride the single track in the wash up and down. always fun.62-miles 5hours 45min of pedal time. Sorry about your burrito. i would sabatage one and leave it in there for someone. add some blue food dye;-)