Monday, November 3, 2008

72 hours,many wordrobe changes and pictures that one day will cost me an election

This last weekend went by so fast it felt like 30 seconds instead of three days. I have said things and written things in my life that have offended, disappointed, angered, shocked, amazed, and sometimes left my self thinking, why did I just put my foot in my mouth again? None of witch was ever done to purposely hurt anybodies feelings. This last weekend I kept all my words in check and nothing but joy spilled out of my mouth. I was the Best man in my brothers Ryan and Luis's wedding. I had no idea what I was going to say but I had to make sure it wasn't going to be one of those foot in my mouth experiences! The big day was on Nov. 1st so naturally the rehearsal dinner was the night before, Halloween.... It was freaking great! A huge dinner prepared by a hired chef and one hell of a costume party afterwards just for the wedding party.

The place, approx 4,000 square foot single story mansion in Palm Springs. Bright white walls with great artwork were all around us and during the day nothing but natural lighting from the floor to selling windows and the Japanese rock garden in the center of the house. I would never want a place this huge but it sure was a great party pad. 6 bedrooms and bathrooms and a ketchen that I could spend a week in cooking all my favorite foods in. The livingroom alone was larger than my first appartment.




























The costume party lasted till the wee hours of the morning and I hadn't consumed that much alcohole in quite some time. Surprisingly enough I didn't even have the slightest hangover the next morning. I think this is actually a bad thing cause it shows my recent drinking habbits have built up quite the resistance to the ill effects of C2H5OH wich of course as we all know it is alcohol.


The next morning we had a huge breakfast and then had turn the Holloween party pad into the wedding party pad. This was quite a bit of work but it was rewarded by a plung in the pool under the 90* Plam Springs sun. I ate all day and could feel any chance of doing well in the up comming 12 HOurs of Temecula slipping away. Just this thought alone had me a little freaked so I hit the brakes for a little while. Um, yeh, right... no really, I did.... nope....


As I was getting ready for the eavning hoopla A.K.A the wedding, I was thinking of what it was I was going to say. I not only had to make it sound worthy of holding the title Best Man, it had to be from the heart. A few of you my remember my nerve racking public speaking blunder that I was tricked into taking part in during a Loma Linda city councle meeting. I don't think they ever got the stink out of that place cause I bombed it pretty bad. So I was thinking of making it heart filled and sappy, then I was handed a shot of Patron. I really admire both of these guys and what ever I said I wanted them to remember it forever, then I was hand another shot of Patron. Dam it man, that stuff was on fire but at the same time it left you wanting more!




I was ready and all suited up before anybody else and I was walking around talking to my self. It went kind of like this.

I have known Ryan for 10 years and Luis for almost 4 and, I drank a glass of Merlot...


These two men have influenced me in ways that they are not even aware of, another glass gone...



This it truly an amazing day and an amazing time in all of our lives, what,,, oh you don't want to have a shot of Patron by your self, come here, i'm your man


Dang it, where was I? Screw it, I'll shoot from the hip.





I looked down the hallway and noticed that almost all of the guest were here and I needed to start mingling with them. I knew most of them so blending in wasn't really all that hard. I usually have trouble with large unfamiliar crowds, I'm a shy one you know.



The moment was finally here and the wedding party was on the move. It was truly an amazing moment in my life to be part of this occasion and to see my brothers have that look of happiness in there faces is something I will take with me everywhere I go for the rest of my life. Surprisingly I didn't skip a beat and I pulled my part off rather well.




An hour after the ceremony I had to pull the head cocktail lady to the side and let her know that if she didn't start handing out the special wine for my big speech in the next 5 min's I was going to loose my ability to connect sentences. Shortly after my request everybody had a glass of hand made Honey Meed wine from our Aunt Marys bee farm in northern California. Ahhh, what have I done? Every body's eyes were on me and it was go time. I was great! I spoke from the heart and it flowed flawlessly. I wish I remember everything I said but all I know was that for the next half hour teary eyed people were coming up to me telling me what a good job I did. Now, it was party time! And I must also mention that there was the craziest Monkey in a party dress and silver furr coat making it's way around the crowed.


It's hot is Palm Springs and I was in a freaking suit! I hate to wear pants with a passion let alone a freaking tie and jacket. I had made this comment to my cousin Jason and he suggested we needed to go swimming. Now at the time I thought it was the best idea I had ever heard in my life, it just made total sense. The next thing I knew we were in a few pairs of trunks and making our way down the hallway threw the crowed of cocktail dresses and black ties. Wait, let me hit the glass of wine real quick.... Splash! It was quite the site i'm sure. So much that Bobby, our friendly ink artist stripped down to his boxers and ripped off a huge cannon ball.





















Now i'm not one for dancing but for some reason when your soaking wet in your swim trunks a t a black tie affair you can really get your grove on! I'm going to sign up for the show So You Think You can Dance after I finish this post.



There was no way I was getting back into that freaking suit so a good old pair of shorts and a T-Shirt were going to have to do. Another thing happened that was a bit surprising too. I found out how totally comfortable a large shag bathroom rug could be when your wrapped up in it passed out at the foot of the master bathroom sink! Many other things happened that nite including, um, no never mind. You will have to ask me in person if you ever see me again. I have already printed too much.


Ya know were all just lines laying on the universe of plad. Some of us are the thick bold lines and some of us are the tiny thin type. No matter what, were all cut from the same cloth and shoud treat each other as such....








1 comment:

ultraposer said...

Great post, Cat bowling rocks!