Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's time to ride again!!!

The knee is good, well pretty good and next week I start my base miles. 15 hours is what I have on the roster. Of course with sun tucking under the mountains by 5:00pm it's a bit of a challenge cause I didn't get off work till 1:30 everyday. The rest is top secret!



It all works out tho. I will keep my road bike at Big Chris's house in Redlands. I'll rush over there everyday after work, get changed, pump the tires and hit the road. I'll have just enough time to squeeze in 2 hours. Friday will bring in 5 hours and Saturday will be the only day I will toss my leg over Mr. Black.



This time of the year is great cause I can ride a bike every day, eat like a pig and drop pounds all at the same time. Now really, what more could you want than that? It's a little different than what I have been doing the last two weeks. I have been on a bike 3 times and you guessed it, eating like a pig! I've plumped up a bit and the endurance has gone south!

I also learned a valuable lesson. Always pack your jersey with enough calories to last you all day when you are on your mountain bike. Especially when you hear the words, it should only be a 3 hour ride.... Ummmm no, Try 5 hours. None the less, the dirt adventure opened me up to new trails that I will be using quite a bit in the months to come and ended with a beer and 3 chicken burritos at a table of friends, Joy, Greg, Trevor and Trevors brother Troy.

No comments: