Wednesday, December 3, 2008

SUSHI :) As much as I can get!



I have always liked Sushi but for what ever reason lately I have been eating tones of it! 4 times in the last three weeks. When I sit at the table I just can't seam to stop. When you think about it Sushi is the ultimate food. When you are growing up our parents tell you not to play with your food. When eating Sushi you get to do so with sticks! Then you dip in different color sauces that drip off each roll and you shove the whole thing in your mouth. Really, I have not noticed anybody cutting a piece in half any time I have gone to my favorite Sushi hole in Redlands, Ocean Blue. Your parents would be so disappointed..




If you know me you are aware that I'm a bit of an odd ball, I notice everything around me. Tonite I noticed that many of the patrons had a bit of a hard time stretching their mouths around their Sushi rolls. It's especially amusing to see a roll crash land on the table and you can see the look in the persons eyes that says, does the 5 second rule apply here?



Sushi teaches you patience and how to handle things with care. If you attack your Sushi you deform your chosen roll making it hard to keep it in the sticks. You must use a delicate hand and a smooth motion at the wrist. Loading it with lets say Soy sauce, makes it heavier so even greater care must be taken. It's a lot of work but worth it.




Now stuffing it in your mouth, this takes skill. I tried to do the Python thing and disconnect my jaws but I failed miserably. I noticed some folks cock their head to one side so to make the angle of their mouth just right. What can I say, I have more fun eating the stuff than any other food.




No comments: