Saturday, October 4, 2008

Now I can't say exactly where I was when I created this master piece but it was today, between the hours of 5am and 1:30pm. I spewed this little doodle out of my head with a vision of creating something great. The picture on the top is the rough draft. It took several hours to get the lines right and the angles looking somewhat decent. It involved countless eraser strokes and tip sharpening with my pocket knife. I was rudely interrupted several times by, we will call them patrons, but I finally got it done.


After I was happy with the rough draft I loaded it into a computer that happen to be close by, for fine tuning. This brings us to picture number two. Now in this picture the lines are cleaner and the color is a bit sharper but I think it lacks the feel of the original. Funny how sometimes you can think you got it just right but when you try to make it make it better, you realize you should have left well enough alone.


Today I hit up the local hills of Loma Linda at Hulda Crooks Park. I rode out with my newly rebuilt fork and up to Jedi I went. On the way there I could notice a major difference in the way the fork felt. It was was smoother than it was when I got it new. Could this be so? Well as soon as I hit the dirt, it was! Who would have thought that a quick rebuild by the magic hands of Eddie at Redlands Cyclery could make my Fox work better than new!!!!If I had one more hand I would give Eddi 3 big thumbs up on this one.

The dirt was fast and the air was chill making for a great ride. I could only ride for an hour and it was time well spent. I hadn't been there in almost a year or so and I miss being so close being able to ride it when ever I want. I only have one hill to ride in Beaumont and it's boring as hell. I'm thinking a move someplace closer to trails is in order.

No comments: