Friday, October 3, 2008



So I had 5 whole days off the bike and I was feeling like a champ, for the most part. Ride one back my wheels and my fork seal blew on my mountain bike and for the rest of my decent I was squirmy mermy down Loch Leven. Why I didn't hit the deck is beyond me. Never the less I was happy to be back on a bike and it was feeling pretty great. Today after work I took my wounded fork over to Redlands Cyclery where Eddi took hold of it for a while and gave it back good as new. As it turns out, there is some maintenance involved with having a high end Fox Fork. Actually, every 40 hours of riding the fork needs new seals and oil. I'm now setting aside my spare change to flip the bill for the next time.


Today also landed me ride number two. It was on the road and it was a little scary. Over here in Beaumont, I had a head wind no matter what direction I went. Well unless you count the side winds that kept taking a hold of my front wheel. It was like the wind gods were upset with me and they just wanted to push me into every pothole or car they could find. Who cares, I was on ride number two.








It was also day number two back at work and yes the members were still crazy! I don't know what it is that makes people think that just because they have a Costco card they can be total assholes! Why should it ever come as a shock to people when you ask them not to smoke in a gas station, or turn off their engine, or not to cut in line or my favorite one of the day, write an email in your car on your laptop after you just finished filling your tank! Move to the parking lot JERK!!!!!

No comments: